Sunday, September 12, 2010

Old House

That house.
So warm and inviting.
Like a winter coat on a below 20 degree day.
It's dull colour stands out against the vibrant fall trees.
Deep blue pool in the back yard.
Well, deep in the eyes of a three year old.
Splish-splash, splish-splash - sounds of the skimmer doing its' job.
Mud puddles and play houses are my domain.
I am queen among toads and tricycles.
Come in for cookies? Mom asks.
Ok! Be right in !
Wood stove burning, spreading warmth throughout the entire house.
Eating gooey cookies next to the fire.
On the yellow shag carpet strait off "That 70's Show".
I remember.
Crawling, crawling, crawling down the halls, to my room.
Singing Barney.
Pretending I'm a puppy.
Oh the memories in our old house.
Most forgotten long since the move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment